New York City Schools....

According to Jennifer Medina from the New York Times, States that Most of the New York City parents, teachers and students who filled out the Department of Education survey said that they were satisfied with their schools. In Jennifer Medina's article, "Students, Teachers and Parents Weigh In on State of the Schools" she state this is the second year that the city has had the survey of nearly 1.5 million parents, teachers and students.72% of students feel safe in the hallways, bathrooms and locker rooms at there schools. I agree with the 72% of students that feel safe in there schools because the school I'm attending is very safe, has a numerous number of security guarding and walking through the hallways. 587,000 people responded to the survey,48,002 teachers and 410,708 students including my self.
I agree with the survey because I see a difference between how the school system is running as far as me feeling safe and comfortable with my surroundings. The classes that I attend now are much smaller that the year before. I have realized that I have learned more and education has become interesting and fun. I suggest that the New York City Board of Education should improve only on their school lunches. More variety of food for the money that we pay would be a good start to a perfect school system; even though I disagree with having students pay for our school lunch.


The New York City Schools should offer more programs to students academically. Having more reading program would be a good offer. They do say "Reading is fundamental". Creating a program that has to do with the students future careers. For an example, I personally want to major in hospitality and management when I graduate from high school. The Board of Education should consider a program that is based on hospitality and learning experiences; tie down to a subject that students take that is needed to finish High school. Math, Accounting and a Hospitality class would be good subjects to offer to have a good start in Hospitality.
"BEING SAFE IS A HUGE FACTOR OF A GOOD AND RESPONSIBLE SCHOOL"!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM AMANDA

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."