~~SATIRE~~


Mark Twain uses satire in his essay. Satire is the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like in exposing, denouncing or deriding vice, folly. Twain provides six items of advice to the youth. Always obey your parents, be respectful to your superior, go to bed early;getup early, never handle firearms carelessly, be careful about lying. Obeying is the best policy according to Twain because if I don't they will make I. Most parents think they know better than I do, and I can generally make more by humoring that superstition than I can by acting own better judgment. Twain instructed the youth to avoid firearms and violence. Twain says don’t I meddle with old unloaded firearms; they are the most deadly and unerring things that have ever been created by man. He'd rather no one set a hand on a gun to aim it at no one. Playing with firearms is very dangerous. He also says to be very careful about lying; otherwise I am nearly sure to get caught. Once caught, I can never again be in the eyes to the good and the pure, be what I was before. I might as well tell the truth at once and be done with it.
Twain clearly states to always avoid violence; in this age of charity and kindliness, the time has gone by for such things. Leave dynamite to the low and unrefined. Mark says that "reading is great, an inestimable, and unspeakable means of improvement." He wants us to build our character thoughtfully and painstakingly upon these precepts, and by and by, when you have got it built, you will be surprised and gratified to see how nicely and sharply it resembles everybody else’s.
There is an article in The Onion, showing Al Gore placing his infant son in a rocket saving him from the dying earth. It shows satire referring to "Superman the movie". The picture relates to the speech that Al Gore presented about global worming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM AMANDA

"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."